Published: April 1, 2021
Last updated: July 20, 2023
- Our software application(s) that we provide or is provided through a computer or mobile device (“App”);
- Our offline business interactions with you.
We call our Website, App, Social Media Page, emails and offline business interactions collectively the “Services.”
We process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (the “GDPR”), and the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (the “CCPA”).
1. WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect the following categories of Personal Data. The categories of Personal Data that we collect are different according to each Service, and each Service does not always collect all the categories of Personal Data below.
- Name, including nickname and username on social media
- Postal address, including billing address and shipping address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- User ID, including Bandai Namco ID, social media account ID
- Password to log in
- Inquiry and information necessary to respond to the inquiry
- Your posted video or image
- IP address, with which we may identify your approximate location
- Login authentication history
- History of use of our Services
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your Personal Data in different ways including:
- Through the Services
- We collect your Personal Data through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account to access the Services, participate in our event, contact our customer service and place an order.
- Through Other Sources
- We receive your Personal Data from other sources, for example, Twitter, when we run a campaign on Twitter.
- When you connect your social media account to your Services accounts, you will share certain Personal Data from your social media account to us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may become accessible or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services accounts. We refer to this as “Social Sharing.”
3. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DAT
We and our service providers process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the functionality of the Services and respond to your request
- Provide the functionality of the Services, including setting access to the registered account and providing related services to you.
- Respond to your inquiry and request when you contact us by our online contact form or other measures, for example, sending us an inquiry, proposal, or complaint.
- Complete your transaction, verify your data, and provide related services.
- Notify you of administrative information including changes to our terms and conditions and policies.
- To provide our newsletters and other marketing materials to you and facilitate Social Sharing
- Send marketing emails that contain information about our Services and new products, and other news regarding us.
- Facilitate the Social Sharing function that you choose to use.
- To analyze Personal Data for business reporting and personalized advertising
- Generate reports that aggregate and analyze trends of use of our digital contents and improve our Services by analyzing and predicting users’ preferences.
- Having better understanding of your interests and preferences, personalize our interactions with you and provide information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- Having better understanding of your preferences, provide you through the Services with the contents that seem to be relevant and interesting to you.
- To permit you to participate in prize competitions, contests, and other sales promotion activities
- Decide whether you are qualified to join our promotion, ship a prize, and conduct other campaigns. We may establish additional rules regarding how we use and disclose your Personal Data for such promotions. Please check such additional rules before you choose to join our promotions.
- To aggregate Personal Data for our use
- We may aggregate Personal Data so that we no longer need to treat the data as Personal Data. You or other individuals cannot be identified by this process, and we use such aggregated data for our business purposes and generate non-personal data that we may disclose.
- To achieve our business purposes
- More specifically,
- Improve the efficiency of our Services and sales promotion campaigns.
- Comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- Prevent unlawful activities and carry out security monitoring, including detecting and preventing cyberattacks or attempts of identity theft.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enhance, improve, repair, maintain, or modify our existing products and services, as well as undertake quality and safety assurance measures with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interest.
4. DISCLOSURE – To Whom We Disclose Your Personal Data
4.1. We disclose Personal Data:
- To our affiliates
- We jointly use your personal data to the extent below.
|Categories of Jointly Used Personal Data||Name, postal address, phone number, email address and IP address of a person who contacts our customer service center
Record of inquiries and our response
Other necessary information to manage inquiry response
|Scope of Joint Users||BANDAI CO., LTD.
BANDAI SPIRITS CO., LTD.
|Purpose for Joint Use||Respond to your inquiry and request when you contact us by our online contact form or other measures, for example, sending us an inquiry, proposal, or complaint.|
|Entity Responsible for Joint Use||BANDAI CO., LTD.
BANDAI SPIRITS CO., LTD.
For the purpose of this joint use, we and BANDAI CO., LTD. are joint controllers.
- To third party sponsors of prize competitions, contests, and other similar promotions. By using the Services, you may disclose your Personal Data by yourself.
Please note posts or information disclosed on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services where you are able to post information or contents (including, but not limited to, our Social Media Pages) may become public and available to other uses and the general public.
4.2. Disclosure to Other Recipients Than Those Listed Above
We also disclose your Personal Data as necessary or appropriate when it is legally required or permitted to do so as below:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations
- Such laws may include those of a country other than your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities
- We may disclose your Personal Data to such authorities to respond to orders or provide information that we believe is necessary or appropriate. These authorities may include those of a country other than your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement authorities
- We may also disclose your Personal Data, for example, when we respond to law enforcement authorities’ requests and orders or provide information that we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons
- We may also disclose your Personal Data if necessary to enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction
- We may also disclose your Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including procedures in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
5. OTHER DATA
We may also collect the followings categories of data in addition to those listed in section 1 above.
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity
5.1. Collection of Other Data
We and our service providers may collect your other data in different ways including:
- Your browser or device
- Certain data are collected via most browsers or automatically through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use these data to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your Use of Our Apps
- If you download and use the Apps, we and our service providers may track and collect the usage of the Apps including the date the Apps on your device access our servers and the data and types of files that are downloaded to the Apps based on your device number.
- Pixel Tags and Similar Technologies
- We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons or clear GIFs) to track the behavior of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the conversion rate of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about the use and response rates of the Services.
- Analytic Technologies
- We use Google Analytics, which collect and analyze data about the use of the Services and generate reports about activities and trends, based on cookies and similar technologies. This service may also obtain data about your use of other websites, apps and online resources. You may visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ to learn about Google’s practices and exercise the opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading a browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Adobe Flash Technologies
- We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to obtain and store data about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you may change your Flash player settings to block the storage of Flash LSOs by using the tools contained in websites’ storage settings panel. You can also go to the global storage settings panel and follow the instructions (for example, how to remove an existing Flash LSO, which is called “information”, how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without you asking, and how to block Flash LSOs that have not been delivered by the operator of the webpage you are viewing may be explained). Please note that if you restrict acceptance of Flash LSOs, the functionality of some Flash applications may degrade or be interfered.
- Physical Location
- We may obtain the physical location of your devices by using satellites, cell towers, or WiFi signals. Our Apps may obtain device location while running in the foreground or background. We may use the physical location of your device and provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share the physical location of your device, combined with the advertisements you have viewed and other information we have obtained, with our marketing partners so that they can provide you with more personalized content and study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some cases, you may be able to allow or deny such use or sharing of your device’s location information. However, in such cases, we or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with personalized services and content.
5.2. Collection of Other Data
- If you use the Services via banners or other advertisements on advertising websites that we contract with, we use your visit history of the advertising websites to make payment to the websites.
We take reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Data. If you have a reason to believe that there is a problem with our security, please immediately contact us in accordance with section 15 below.
7. YOUR CHOICE OVER OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We provide you with options such as to refuse marketing purpose emails. Please refer to the instructions in the Services that you are using. If you have questions, please use inquiry forms of the Services or contact us at .
We will try to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, restrict, limit or delete Personal Data, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Data, or if you would like to receive a copy of your Personal Data to transmit them to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us according to section 15 below. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
In your request, please specify what Personal Data you would like us to change or whether you would like us to delete your Personal Data from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes or completing any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. For example, when you make a purchase or join a sales promotion campaign, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided by you until such purchase or sales promotion is completed.
You can change Personal Data registered to Bandai Namco ID or delete your Bandai Namco ID at https://www.bandainamcoid.com/portal/help?client_id=&backto=&open=13#.
You can change Personal Data registered to Premium Bandai or delete your Premium Bandai account at Premium Bandai my page.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable laws.
10. SERVICES BY THIRD PARTIES
In addition, we are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure, security policies or security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Apps or Social Media Pages, unless those organizations act in accordance with our instruction or contractual relationship with us.
11. ADVERTISING BY THIRD PARTIES
We use third party advertising companies to provide advertisements about products and services that may attract your interests when you access and use the Services and other websites and online services.
12. SENSITIVE DATA
Unless we request it, we ask you not to send us any sensitive Personal Data through the Services. Sensitive Personal Data includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal record including criminal proceedings, or trade union membership.
13. THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE
If you have any questions or complaints about our processing of Personal Data, please contact:
Data Protection Officer:firstname.lastname@example.org
BANDAI SPIRITS CO., LTD.
16. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR OUR VISITORS FROM EEA AND UK
- I. RESPONSIBLE CONTROLLER
- BANDAI SPIRITS CO., LTD., a company registered in Tokyo, Japan, is the data controller and responsible for protecting your rights regarding Personal Data.
- II. LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
|Purpose of Processing Your Data||Lawful Basis|
|(1) To provide the functionality of the Services and respond to your request||Legitimate interest of customers/prospect customers and us|
|(2) To provide our newsletters and other marketing materials to you and facilitate social sharing||Your consent|
|(3) To analyze Personal Data for business reporting and personalized advertising Your consent||Your consent|
|(4) To permit you to participate in prize competitions, contests, and other sales promotion activities||Legitimate interest of customers/prospect customers and us|
|(5) To aggregate Personal Data for our use||Our legitimate interest|
|(6) To achieve our business purposes Our legitimate interest||Our legitimate interest|
Where the lawfulness of our processing your Personal Data is your consent, you can revoke at any time your consent with effect for the future.
- III. COOKIES
- IV. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
- V. COMPLAINT
- You can lodge complaints about our way of processing your Personal Data with the data protection supervisory authorities of your country of residence.
17. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR OUR VISITORS FROM THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
- I. NOTICE AT COLLECTION
- i. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect the following categories of your Personal Information:
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect as Stipulated in CCPA 1798.140.(v)(1)||Sources|
|a. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name or other similar identifiers.||You, our affiliates|
|b. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (e.g., gender, age).||You|
|c. Commercial information, including records of products purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||You, our affiliates|
|d. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Websites, Apps, or advertisement.||You, our Websites/Apps/advertisement service providers, your device|
|e. Geolocation data.||You, your device|
|f. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (e.g., recording of inquiry calls).||You|
|g. Inferences drawn from any of the above information to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences.||You, our affiliates, our data analytics providers|
|h. Sensitive Personal Information, which is Bandai Namco ID and account IDs of the Services in combination with the respective passwords to log in to the accounts||You, our affiliates|
- ii. BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Purposes||Categories of Personal Information|
|(1) To provide the functionality of the Services and respond to your request||a, c, d, f, h|
|(2) To provide our newsletters and other marketing materials to you and facilitate social sharing||a, b, c, d, e, g|
|(3) To analyze Personal Data for business reporting and personalized advertising||a, c, d, e, g|
|(4) To permit you to participate in prize competitions, contests, and other sales promotion activities||a, d|
|(5) To aggregate Personal Data for our use||a, b, c, d, e, g|
|(6) To achieve our business purposes||a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h|
- iii. YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF SALE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may “sell” or “share”, as defined in the CCPA, your Personal Information to/with third parties for the purposes (2) and (3) above. You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information to/with third parties. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information through the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link or by submitting an opt-out request to us in accordance with subsection IV below.
- iv. RETENTION
- We retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable laws.
- II. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- i. RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, DISCLOSED, SOLD OR SHARED
- The CCPA states that you have the right to request us to disclose what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, sell and share.
- You can exercise your above-mentioned rights unless you have exercised the rights within the preceding 12 months. We endeavor to respond to you within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request from you. If you intend to exercise such rights, please refer to subsection IV below.
- We use your Personal Information (name, email address, Bandai Namco ID, and account ID of the Services) to verify your request. You may be asked to provide additional information so that we can verify your request.
- The categories of Personal Information we collected, business or commercial purpose, and sources within the preceding 12 months are as described in subsections I. i and I. ii above.
- The categories of Personal Information we have sold or shared to/with third parties, the business or commercial purposes for the sale or sharing, and the categories of such third parties are as follows:
- Disclosure, Sale or Sharing of Personal Information of Children
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share Personal Information about California consumers who we know are younger than 16 years old.
Under the CCPA, “sell” means disclosing by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “share” means sharing by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Information with a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration.
|Identifiers such as an online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name or other similar identifiers.||Facilitate the social sharing function that you choose to use.||Social media platform providers|
|Identifiers such as an online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name or other similar identifiers.
Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not
|Having better understanding of your interests and preferences, personalize our interactions with you and provide information and/or offers tailored to your interests.||Advertising technology partners|
|limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Websites, Apps, or advertisement.
- ii. RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The CCPA states that you have the right to request us to delete your Personal Information collected by us.
- You can exercise your above-mentioned right with your account with us, unless you have exercised the rights within the preceding 12 months. We endeavor to respond to you within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request. If you intend to exercise such rights, please refer to subsection IV below.
- We use your information (name, email address, Bandai Namco ID, and account ID of the Services) to verify your request. You may be asked to provide additional information so that we can verify your request.
- iii. RIGHT TO REQUEST CORRECTION OF INACCURATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The CCPA states you have the right to request us to correct inaccurate Personal Information about you.
- You can exercise your above-mentioned rights, unless you have exercised the rights within preceding 12 months. We endeavor to respond to you within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request. If you intend to exercise such rights, please refer to subsection IV below.
- We use your information (name, email address, Bandai Namco ID, and account ID of the Services) to verify your request.
- iv. RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THE SALE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The CCPA states that you have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information by us.
- Under the CCPA, the activities, in which we disclose the information collected from cookies or email address to advertising agencies to manage our personalized advertising to those of you 16 years of age or older based on your preferences, may be considered a “sale” of personal information.
- v. RIGHT TO LIMIT THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect your Bandai Namco ID and account IDs of the Services in combination with passwords to log in to the accounts, which are sensitive Personal Information under the CCPA. We do not use or disclose the sensitive Personal Information for any purposes other than those authorized under the CCPA, including performing the services or providing the goods requested by you.
- vi. RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION FOR THE EXERCISE OF A CONSUMER’S PRIVACY RIGHT
- The CCPA states that you have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
- III. AUTHORIZED AGENT
- When you use an authorized agent to submit a request to know, a request to delete, or a request to correct inaccurate Personal information, we may require that you:
- Provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so and verify your own identity directly with us.
- Directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request.
- We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit a proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your own behalf.
- IV. CONTACT US
- Email address:email@example.com
- Data Protection Officer:firstname.lastname@example.org
- V. HOW OUR WEBSITE RESPOND TO OPT-OUT PREFERENCE SIGNALS
- Some web browsers incorporate an Opt-out preference signal feature that sends signals to websites you visit that you want to opt out from the sale or share of your Personal Information. Our website responds to Opt-out preference signals. You can confirm your settings by going directly to our Cookie Settings page You can also click on the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of every webpage.
- VI. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- We do not collect and store Personal Information about children (in this provision, we define children as those who are under 13 years of age) if this information is submitted by a child without prior parental consent or by the parent or guardian of the child.
If we discover that we’ve unintentionally collected information from a child in a way that does not meet the requirements under the CCPA and other applicable laws, we will delete the information immediately.